Composer and guitarist Alex Gómez holds a Degree in Composition (2007) and in Classical Guitar (2001) from the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música Victoria Eugenia de Granada (Spain)
His works have received national and international awards including:
- “Horizons”, for percussion and live-electronics, Honorable Mention in the International Composition Competition “Amici della Musica di Cagliari” 2015, Sardinia (Italy)
- “Impulsos”, for soprano saxophone and live-electronics, First Prize in the Internacional Composition Award Eduardo Ocón 2010 (Málaga, Spain)
- “La Porte de l’Enfer”, for symphony orchestra, First Prize in the IV Composition Award Evaristo Fernandez Blanco 2009 (León, Spain)
- “La Danza de la Tierra”, for symphony orchestra, Second Prize in the International Composing Competition “2 agosto” 14th edition 2008, Bologna (Italy)
- “Concert nº 1 for Violin and Symphony Orchestra”, finalist in the International Composing Competition Andrés Gaos
His works have been premiered and performed in international events including the 35º Festival Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte di Montepulciano (Italy), XVI World Saxophone Congress (Saint Andrews, Scotland), X and XI FEX extension Festival Internacional de Música y Danza de Granada, etc., as well as in stages from different countries like Austria, Italy, United States, United Kingdom, etc.
His audiovisual output has received the following awards:
- “Baby?”, First Prize of the Audience in the III Competition of Ráfagas of TVE (Spanish Public Television)
- “Sueños”, finalist in the International Festival of Young Producers of Granada 2007, I Audiovisual Competition Tejidos Digitales 2007 (Madrid, Spain) and Cinespaña Festival 2007 (Toulouse, France)
- “Alma Cautiva”, Second Prize in the International Festival of Young Film Producers of Granada 2008
At the present, he is the director and audiovisual designer of “Mercé Sinfónico” tour, with the flamenco singer José Mercé, and “Horizontes” tour, with the flamenco composer and pianist Dorantes. Besides, he has performed with numerous artists like Ara Malikian, Sigma Project, Taller Sonoro, Partiture Philharmonic Orchestra, etc.
In addition, he teaches Electroacoustic composition and Audiovisual composition in the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música Victoria Eugenia de Granada